Discovery Day 2014
The Friends of Thetford Forest joined forces with the Forestry Commission in delivering the free Forest Discovery Day at High Lodge on Sunday March 30th and were an integral part of the event.
FoTF was on hand to help customers with information about the forest, High Lodge, and assisting people taking up the 10% discount on Discovery Passes bought on the day. The FoTF Conservation Group were also on site making Bird and Bat Boxes.
There were lots of opportunities to get involved in learning more about how the forest and learn how it is cared for by the Forestry Commission, and its partners, as well as the important and unique heritage of the forest.
Also part of the Forest Discovery Day events were:
- A harvester display and a wildlife ranger to explain the job they do
- Paul Kelly was on site giving free chain saw carving demonstrations throughout the day and also displaying a selection of completed pieces for sale.
- Music Arts Project were on site with lots of free activities for the kids such as, scavenger crafting, paper making and music work shops.
- T.I.M.B.E.R mountain bike volunteers were on site displaying a range of the equipment that they use to maintain the trails at High Lodge.
- Chris and his team from Lookout Archery were on site with the wooden Lookout Archery HQ on the main field.
- Go Ape offering 10% off bookings made in advance for Tree Top Adventure and Forest Segways.
- Battlefield Live holding pay and play taster sessions on the main grass arena at High Lodge.
- A display of some of the works from the FoTF 2013 photography competition.
- FoTF Conservation Group were on site making Bird and Bat Boxes.